Aside from a very well stocked office supply cabinet (who can resist color sharpie pens, highlighters and post-its, to name a few), the biggest perk of working here is food!
Now, as I have mentioned before, most Cuisine employees eat breakfast and lunch at work. I thought it'd be fun and eye-opening to share some of these meals.
Today, when I came downstairs to the test kitchen for coffee, I saw the most beautiful sight - a gorgeous, tall, dark (what are you thinking?), layered carrot cake! I am usually not a big fan of carrot cakes (too much cinnamon), but this one was honestly THE best carrot cake I've had. Moist, rich, perfectly balanced in flavors, the cake was a perfect way to start my morning.
Here are some other meals (notice the emphasis on "healthy" items! - we have been actually in the editing process during the last couple of weeks, as a result the recipe testing no longer takes place and meals are prepared by one of the editors for the whole staff)
- Tomato bisque with grilled cheese sandwiches - to my surprise, the sandwiches had mustard inside - a delicious twist on a traditional grilled cheese. Apparently, people in the Midwest eat their grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in ketchup.
- Baked macaroni and cheese topped with breadcrumbs.
- Bologna sandwiches - who would've thought? (I skipped on that one)
- Chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, rice crispy treats, caramel apples.
- Baked meatballs in tomato sauce with garlic bread
- Hearty soups
- Thai food take-out
- More to come