But back to breakfast. I've had French Toast numerous times and wanted try a different approach today. And that is when Pineapple Sage Scented Challah French Toast was born. Welcome to the world! I hope you have a long successful life.
1/2 cup of milk, divided (I used 1%, feel free to use what's in your refrigerator)
1/4 cup pineapple sage leaves
2 teaspoons brown sugar
splash of vanilla
2 3/4" slices Raisin Challah
1. Combine 1/4 cup of milk and pineapple sage in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 1 minute and allow to cool.
2. Whisk egg with the remaining 1/4 cup milk, brown sugar and vanilla.
3. Once cooled, remove the pineapple sage from the milk. Add the scented milk to the egg mixture and whisk.
4. Soak Challah slices in the egg mixture for about 2 minutes on each side.
5. Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat.
6. Cook Challah French Toast in high oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Eat immediately!