These are fun to make, sweet and sticky to eat, and freeze very well! Feel free to play around with the filling ingredients, using your favorite dried fruit and nuts.
Rolled Date, Golden Raisin, and Almond Challah Rolls
3 cups challah dough
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped dates
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1 tablespoon half and half
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. Roll the challah dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle.
3. Spread the sugar, dates, raisins, and almonds in the center of the dough, lengthwise.
4. Roll the dough around the filling, tightly and pinch together the ends.
5. Cut the roll into 12 portions, about 1 1/2 inches wide. Place into the prepared muffin tin and rest for 30 minutes.
6. Brush the rolls with half and half and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown.
Back to the blog