Channukah Potato Latkes
5 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
vegetable oil for frying
1. Rinse potatoes in cold water and squeeze dry.
2. Combine potatoes with onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
4. Place latkes in hot oil, lower heat to medium, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crisp on the outside and cooked through. I passed the frying responsibility to my mom. While she was frying the latkes I mixed my parents' home marinated mushrooms with onion, garlic, pepper and sunflower oil.
5. Cook latkes in batches, adding more oil, as needed, and transferring cooked latkes to the preheated oven to keep warm.
6. Serve latkes hot with dollop of sour cream and horseradish cream.